See below the 30 testimonials guests have been kind enough to leave us on Trip Advisor, AirBnB,
Google, Homeaway.co.uk, via email and in our guest book.
- “Great New Year break!Beautiful barn, very spacious and clean. Lovely village setting with lots of great local walks."
- "A wonderful place to stay in beautiful surroundings.We loved the Barn, which is beautifully decorated with plenty of space and had everything we needed. We took our children and there was so much to do, we didn't have enough time to fit it all in. I would definitely recommend Alder Barn."
- "Lovely stay with family for my weddingI got married at South Farm and we used Alder barn as Bride HQ - It was great, comfy beds and they have thought of everything. Really clean and very nice place to stay. Enough room for family to be comfortable and spend time relaxing before the big day! I would come again with family or friends :)"
- "The stay was excellentThe stay itself was excellent and the barn was perfect. Thank you once again, I'm sure our families will look to stay there again. Out of interest is it booked already at Christmas?Email Review
- "Three girls on holiday together and we had a blast
Our host was flexible with our arrival time. The barn was cool in temperature during a particularly hot period. Loads of space and great toiletries, plenty of towels and high spec. bathrooms. Three girls on holiday together and we had a blast.
We particularly loved the Village and the space within the accommodation.
"Love your house, it's perfect!
We are just vacating Alder Barn and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. So love your house its perfect!!
So well-equipped and perfect for our us.
- "Beautiful home with lots of space
My family of 5 stayed here for a week. Part way through we were joined by three additional family members making 8 of us staying for a few nights. More.
- "Lovely village; perfect accommodation for large family
We travelled over from Ireland to bring my dad to the Duxford airshow. The Alder Barn was a perfect location: close to Duxford (I think it took ~25mins including airshow traffic); plenty of space; a great Indian takeaway; and fantastic local pub (The Three Tuns) for meeting extended family over a meal. And Ashwell is the prototypical English country village. Loved it! "
- "Wonderful accommodation in a beautiful little village!
Wonderful accommodation in a beautiful little village! Will highly recommend this to friends. Go to the Three Tuns and have a Hugo! Very comfortable in a great location. The barn is beautifully converted. Well done.
- “Beautiful barn
Had a great stay in your beautiful barn. Thanks very much!
- "We had a really good time at Ashwell
We had a lovely time. We had some visitors to visit us and I had some delicious food with my family. And we go to a lot of shops. We had a party with Wilfred, Robert and Judy. We had a birthday cake and that had a 1 on it. I had a really good time at Ashwell today
- "Lovely accommodation, good facilities, great to have Netflix
Lovely accommodation, good facilities, great to have Netflix - we could find something we all liked! More.
- "A superb accommodation with all the amenities
A superb accommodation with all the amenities. Wonderful village and within a short commute to Bletchley Park and Duxford. Leaving here refreshed and relaxed.
Thank you to our hosts, Jonathon and Abi for their personal attention to detail and our comfort.
- "Fabulous half term break in this lovely place
We had a fabulous half term break in this lovely place. Visiting family, going for strolls and enjoying the village.
- "Very nice place to stayWe stayed at Alder barn myself, husband, sons,my mum and dad,we went down from Scotland for my bother in law funeral it was great we could all stay together. More.
- "Beautiful home in a charming villageWe had a lovely time in such a beautiful home in a charming village. It was relaxing and just what we needed after a York 2015 Christmas. Thank you!
- "PerfectWe booked here on behalf of our staff members who were working locally and needed a place to stay close to site. They were delighted with the standard of the accommodation, the owner Abi couldn't have been more helpful, and they thoroughly enjoyed their down time in the fantastic social space. Would thoroughly recommend this holiday let for a get away at any time of the year"
- "Had a brilliant time, lovely accommodation – very comfy beds
Stayed for John’s big 60th birthday weekend. We had a brilliant time, lovely accomodation – very comfy beds. Had enormous fun playing the Alterego game we found in the cupboard!"
- "Excellent Venue
"Excellent venue for family celebration of a 30th birthday. Three Tuns Gastro pub excellent"
- "Spacious, comfortable and well equipped for the purposes of having buckets of fun
“The Class of The Rosary Priory Bushey, Herts (now closed) chose Alder Barn for our annual get together and we have had a fantastic weekend. Alder Barn has been spacious, comfortable and well equipped for the purposes of having buckets of fun.
- "It was wonderful we could not fault anything
"Ashwell is a lovely place, we had a wonderful time here. The Rose + Crown is a real friendly pub, helped us a lot. I loved the butchers and bakers it made me want to come back home to live here! The house was wonderful could not fault anything! Thank you so much for letting us stay here."
- "Lovely stay in this fantastic house
"Lovely stay in this fantastic house. Ashwell is an amazing village. We made lots of good friends. Everything is easy and we enjoyed a very pleasant week. Many Thanks."
- "IdealVery comfortable and up to date accommodation in a great location. Excellent value. Thoroughly recommended."
- "Amazing building, really comfortableReally good building, we had a great time. Tvs, books, games, comfortable sofas and beds and a really cool drive to the place. Will visit again! Thanks"
- "I could not have asked for moreJust spent New Year at Alder Barn. To be honest I could not have asked for more. The property itself is fantastic, massive, and a great place to spent time with friends. Everything worked like a dream, plus has a nice big TV! Definitely recommended and I’ll be coming back."Website Review
- "Nothing short of spectacular for our Family Christmas Break
As there is 9 of us in our family and none of our houses would have been big enough for Christmas we decided to go away and we hit the jackpot when we chose Alder Barn. More.
- "Nice property and very well furnished“We has a short break at the property as we had a friends wedding in Hertfordshire. Nice property and very well furnished. Our kids loved the balcony. Will definately come back as would like to explore more of Ashwell and the surrounding area, as its really nice round there.”Website Review
- "The property is everything you could wish forWhilst coming to the UK for a month from Australia to visit family we used Alder Barn as our base. The property is everything you could wish for, massive, full of character, and really well kitted out. Ashwell is a stunning village with some great pubs. We had a great time and look forward to coming back."Website Review
- "Great house and the village is beautifulWe stayed at Alder Barn for a couple of weeks whilst on vacation from the US visiting family in Birmingham. Great house and the village is beautiful. Just wish you got places like this in the US. Now trying to work out how we can afford to come again next year!"Website Review
- "Highly RecommendedWe rented this property with a few friends for a week’s break. I cannot rave about Ashwell enough, some great pubs, and a really pretty village. The property itself was great, loads of space and lots of character, and everything worked. Highly recommended!"Website Review
Your holiday starts the moment you arrive
Jon and Abi set up Alder Barn so everything is ready when you arrive.
With their two girls, Jon and Abi have stayed at numerous holiday homes throughout the UK, and were constantly frustrated by having to take linen and make beds, buy bin bags and washing up liquid and having to take meter readings at the end and pay extra for electricity! For us this always detracted from the holiday.
We believe that the holiday should start right at the very beginning; so when you arrive you all the essentials are provided to get you going (made beds, clean towels, toilet rolls, bin bags etc.). There will be a pint of milk in the fridge, plus tea and coffee so you can unwind after a long journey. Then, at the end of the holiday, there are no extra charges for utilities, and you will get your deposit back in seven days.
Our aim is to make your holiday at Alder Barn relaxing as possible.