Alder Barn is owned and managed by Abigail and Jonathon Monk.
Over the years Jon and Abi have stayed (with their two young daughters) at many holiday homes throughout the UK.
There were common frustrations with many of the places they stayed, from the booking process being a bit 'ad hoc', to hidden extras (who does not want sheets on the beds!), to then having to chase for the deposit back at the end.
They decided with Alder Barn to try and address all the previous frustrations they had experienced, and make it the sort of holiday home that they would like to stay at with their daughters:
- Good information about what the holiday home does includes and does not
- Smooth professional booking process and communication
- No hidden extras (everything is included)
- Fair contract and cancellation policy
- Made-up beds and clean towels
- Welcome pack when you arrive (tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, plum loaf, mini toiletries, towels, bedding)
- Facilities for children (high chair, cot, blackout blinds in rooms, toys)
- Modern tech (Wi-Fi and decent sized TV's)
- Then at the end, you get your deposit back in good time!
We are always looking to improve Alder Barn where we can so if you have any other suggestions please let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you.