Check In and Out
Alder Barn will be ready for your arrival at 4.00pm on the first day of your stay.
The keys are in a coded box on the outside of the property just to the right of the front door, you will be sent the code the day before your holiday starts.
Please be ready to leave by 10.00am, the barn is probably booked after you and our cleaning team will be coming in promptly to give them time to make the barn as welcoming and clean for the next guests as it was for your arrival.
On occasions late check out may be possible for a fee, for further details please Contact Us to find out if this will be possible.
When you are ready to leave, please make sure that
- Bins - the bin has been emptied and a new black sack put in.
- No left food - please also make sure that you have not left food in the fridge, freezer or cupboards
- Dishwasher has been emptied
- Kitchen wear has been cleaned and put away and left as it was found
- Keys - if you have used the front door key please return this to the key box
- Doors locked - please make sure that the kitchen and front door are shut and locked as you leave
- Cleaning - although we are expecting to clean the barn thoroughly on your departure, please leave the barn in a clean and tidy state. Our housekeeping team only have a finite amount of time to prepare the barn and if it is excessively dirty they will have to call in extra help, which will incur further costs that will be covered from your security deposit.
- Bedding - lastly, we ask that you strip all used bedding from the duvets and pillows and leave it on the bedroom floor. This means beds that have not been used will not be changed which helps the environment by cutting out unnecessary washing and laundering.
- Towels - please leave all used towels in a pile on the shower room floors, again it is then obvious what has been used during your stay